Virtual Career Fair Recruiter Resources
Dear Recruiters and Education Partners,
Here, you can find supporting information to guide you through the virtual fair platform’s registration and navigation process. Understanding that technology is a significant player in the quality of interactions and the overall outcome, we want to ensure you have all the tools you need to maximize your career fair experience.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nare Khodadadians at email@example.com.
Employer Virtual Career Fair Training Video
If you would like to have a quick overview of all virtual career fair features on Simplicity, this video will go over everything from registration to video chat on the day of the career fair.
Employer Virtual Career Fair Training Live Sessions
Live training is the best resource for employers to ask their questions and feel confident going into the virtual fair. They are scheduled for every Thursday until March 25, 2021, at 2 pm EST (11 am PST).
To sign up for a session, please follow the links below:
Virtual Career Fair Instructions for Employers
- Go to https://rossier-usc-csm.symplicity.com/employers/ to log in or click “forgot password” if you are new to the system.
- On the day of the fair, you can get into the fair 60 minutes before the fair starts.
- Once you have logged in, go to Events/Career Fairs/Fall Virtual Career Fair and click View Chats.
- Confirm your meeting information (update with a new video link if you need to) under Chat Instructions
- If you want to modify your profile information (name, title, division), you will need to ask your employer contact to make this change.
- You can greet students with your profile picture by uploading it under Account/Personal Profile.
- Your employer contact has set The Expected Chat Time per Student, which is the same for all representatives at your company. If you would like to modify the Expected Chat Time per Student, you will need to ask your employer contact to make this change.
- Set your Status to Online
- Start your video meeting using the video link provided in Chat Instructions and keep your video meeting running for the entire length of the fair. Make sure you have two browser windows open side by side: one for video meetings and another one for Symplicity so that you can see the timer.
- If your Alternate Chat Instructions include a phone number, make sure to have your phone handy if students experience technical difficulties.
- When the fair starts, you will see students lining up in your queue.
- Select the student at the top of the list unless the student is already video chatting with another representative from your company. It may take a couple of minutes for a student to join your video chat.
- Once you have started to video chat with a student, watch the timer, which will count down from the maximum time to zero. When time is up, you will see an alert and hear a “ping” sound.
- When you are done, click End Chat in Symplicity, and Dismiss Attendee in your video meeting. This enables you to keep your video meeting running, ensuring no overlap between students.
- You can mark the student as a candidate you are Interested or Not Interested in and take notes. This information is not shared with the student.
- If you need to step away for a short break, set your Status to Busy. Students can continue to join your queue.
- If you need to take a longer break and no other representative from your company is Online, then set your Status to Offline. Students will be notified that you are no longer online and will likely leave your queue. The system will automatically send you resumes of students who were in line but did not have a chance to connect with you.
- If you are interested in students who are busy chatting with another company, you will not be able to select them, but they will stay in your queue for later conversations.
- When the fair is over, you can filter students by Overall Feedback and download resumes.
- Before or during the fair, you can generate interest in your company by inviting students to video chat with you. Go to the “All RSVP’d” Students tab, use Advanced Search to find students of interest, select them and use Mail To/Invite to Chat. There is a default template that you can customize.
Best Practice Recommendations for Employers
- Register and attend an Employer Training on Virtual Career Fairs
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported. Please use another browser. A white screen/error will occur when initiating a student chat if Internet Explorer is used.
- When entering virtual meeting links, highlight the text and click on the “Insert/edit link” icon in the HTML toolbar. Insert the link in the URL field and select Ok. You should then see the link as a hyperlink. This will create easier access and flow when students join the 1-on-1 or Group Chat meetings.
- When finishing a chat, be sure to remove the current student before admitting the next student so that there are not two students in the virtual meeting room at the same time. You may want to lock the meeting room as well, per meeting software.
- After entering Notes for a student, revisit your “View Chats” to move to the next student in line in the queue.
- For employers using Zoom, be sure to clear the chat history after each student. For some meeting software such as Zoom, the chat history remains for the entire session. So, you will want to clear out if you have entered student-specific info before the next chat.
- Before you leave the VCF, make sure to set your status as “Offline.” This will clear your queue and end all chat activity